I know that you all want to know about Unseen Poem For Class 8 In English With Questions And Answers. Because you must have got to work on English poetry in school and you must be searching many places how to find whom, then I have made this post for you.
Class 8 students are very hardworking and this is where their future begins, because when the foundation of studies is good, then you will never have any problem in further studies.
In which I have made it with unseen poem for class 8 with questions and answers, so that you can read it and find out the answer and if you do not get the answer, then I have done the work of answering all in the last. So that you will understand things better and the poem will also be remembered.
Tips To Solve The Unseen Poem For Class 8
Almost every one of you will be a student of CBSE or ICSE board, or UP Board, whoever it is, it will be very easy and helpful for all of you to remember. So let’s know about unseen poems with questions and answers for class 8.
- Read the entire poem 1 or 2 times carefully so that you understand the theme of the poem.
- Write your answer simple, easy and in your own words.
- Remember that you should use your own words in your answer.
- Do not make grammatical mistakes while writing the answer.
- After reading the question, underline the related words of the given poem so that you get the correct answer.
Unseen Poem For Class 8 – Sample 1
Whenever I see Gas balloons go up I wonder where we’d end up If we’re balloons.
Would we go far away To some unknown destiny ?
Or will it be carefully decided goal We would work our way to ?
Balloons! How much they’re
like human beings-
so different from each other
in colours, shapes, design and sizes
Some live long and some don’t
Just like us some find
A pair of loving hands and some don’t
They get lost, burst or destroyed
Like we do
They rub cheeks affectionately
Occasionally you can hear
them whisper secrets
As only friend will
And once in a while, in the chill
of the night, or mist of dawn
you may find one tear
Poem Comprehension For Grade 8 With Questions And Answers (Poem 1)
- Question: 1) The poem describes the similarities between………………………..
- Answer: 1) balloons and human beings
- Question: 2) The line used to describe die rustling sound of balloons is………………………
- Answer: 2) ‘They rub cheeks affectionately’
- Question: 3) The word from the poem that comes closest in meaning to ‘fate’ is
- Answer: 3) ‘destiny’
- Question: 4) Just as we are unaware about the fate of balloons, we are also……………..
- Answer: 4) unaware of our destiny
- Question: 5) Outwardly balloons are different from each other in…………………
- Answer: 5) Colour and size
Unseen Poem For Class 8 MCQ – Sample 2
Patient and steady with all he must bear,
Ready to meet every challenge with care,
Easy in manner, yet solid as steel,
Strong in his faith, refreshingly real,
Isn’t afraid to propose what is bold,
Doesn’t conform to the usual mould,
Eyes that have foresight, for hindsight won’t do,
Never backs down when he sees what is true,
Tells it all straight, and means it all too,
Going forward and knowing he’s right,
Even when doubted for why he would fight,
Over and over he makes his case clear
Reaching to touch the ones who won’t hear.
Growing in strength, he won’t be unnerved,
Even assuring he’ll stand by his word.
Wanting the world to join his firm stand,
Bracing for war, but praying for peace,
Using his power so evil will cease :
So much a leader of worthy of trust,
Here stands a man who will do what he must.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 8 (Poem 2)
- Question: 1) Identify one figure of speech used in the poem.
- Question: 1) Find the synonym of the word ‘stop’ from the poem.
- Question: 1) What does the poet mean by saying that a leader must be solid “solid as steel”?
- Question: 1) What is a leader’s attitude towards war?
- Question: 1) What should a leader do when people don’t listen to him?
- Question: 1) Which line in the poem suggests that a leader does things differently and doesn’t follow the norm?
Unseen Poem For Class 8 In English – Sample 3
Be the Best
If you can’t be a pine on the top of the hill,
Be a scrub in the valley—but be
The best little scrub by the side of the rill,
Be a bush if you can’t be a tree
If you can’t be a bush be a bit of the grass,
And some highway happier make;
If you can’t be a muskie then just be a bass
But be the liveliest bass in the lake!
We can’t all be captains, we’ve got to be crew,
There’s something for all of us here
There’s big work to do and there’s lesser to do,
And the task we must do is the near.
If you can’t be a highway then just be a trait
If you can’t be the sun, be a star,
It isn’t by size that you win or you fail
Be the best of whatever you are!
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 8 (Poem 3)
- Question: 1) What is the poet’s tone in the poem ?
- Question: 2) What is the message of the poem ?
- Question: 3) Winning does not depend on…………………….
- Question: 4) Which word in the poem means the same as “piece of work is difficult”.
- Question: 5) What should be our attitude towards our work ?
Answer Of Given Questions
- Answer: 1) Optimistic
- Answer: 2) One should try to do one’s best with whatever one is.
- Answer: 3) Size
- Answer: 4) task
- Answer: 5) Whatever we do, we should do it whole-heartedly.
Unseen Poem For Class 8 CBSE – Sample 4
The monkey – show is on :
patient girl on haunches
holds the strings,
a baby in her arms.
Two tiny monkeys
in red and purple pantaloons
prepare to dance.
forms a circle.
Naked to the waist,
the Master of Ceremonies
drums frenzy, cracks whip,
calls the tricks
to earn applause and copper coins.
The circle thickens as the plot thickens,
children laugh, the untouchable women
smooth their hair. A coolie
grins at me, his white teeth
gleam in the sunlight.
Only the monkeys are sad,
the baby begins to cry.
Anticipating time for payment,
the crowd dissolves.
Some, in shame, part
with the smallest coin they have.
The show moves on. – Nissim Ezekiel
Unseen Poem For Class 8 With Questions And Answers (Poem 4)
- Question: 1) The Master of the Ceremonies ……………..
- a) is very rich
- b) trains the monkeys
- c) cracks the whip
- d) starves the monkeys
- Question: 2) The patient girl holds the ……………..
- a) drum
- b) strings
- c) money
- d) the whip
- Question: 3) The untouchable women ……………..
- a) enjoy the show
- b) frown at the monkeys
- c) smooth their hair
- d) do not like the show
- Question: 4) The baby begins to ……………..
- a) laugh
- b) dance
- c) weep
- d) cry
- Question: 5) Two tiny monkeys prepare to ……………..
- a) eat
- b) entertain the onlookers
- c) jeer at the crowd
- d) dance
Unseen Poem For Class 8 ICSE – Sample 5
Oh! Defenders of borders
You are great sons of my land
When we are all asleep
You still hold on to your deed.
Windy season or snowy days
Or scorching sun’s sweltering rays
You are there guarding all the time awake
Treading the lonely expanses as Yogis.
Climbing the heights or striding the valleys
Defending the deserts and guarding the marshes
Surveillance in seas and by securing the air
Prime of your youth given to the nation!!
Wind chimes of my land vibrate your feat
We pray for you brave men!!
May the Lord bless you all!!
– Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 8 (Poem 5)
- Question: 1) The poem is dedicated to…………………
- Question: 2) What does Dr. Kalam express through the last two lines ?
- Question: 3) ”Scorching’ in the poem means……………………………….
- Question: 4) What do they sacrifice for the nation?
- Question: 5) Which figure of speech is used in the last line of the second stanza ?
Answer Of Given Questions
- Answer: 1) The soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the nation.
- Answer: 2) Kalam expresses his tribute through the last two lines.
- Answer: 3) burning
- Answer: 4) Their lives, their youth and everything.
- Answer: 5) simile
Unseen Passage For Class 8 With Questions And Answers Images
Unseen Poem For Class 8 Questions And Answers PDF
So if you want to read unseen poem for class 8 in english pdf and read it later or you want unseen poem for class 8 worksheet for cbse board then you can download it by clicking on the link given below.
Unseen Poem for Class 8(FAQ)
Q: 1) What is the difference between seen and unseen poetry for class 8?
A scene poem is a poem that you have already read and know what is in it. Whereas in unseen poetry, you are not familiar with the poem and do not know what is in it.
Q: 2) How do we get high marks in class 8 unseen poetry?
Before reading the poem, study the question. After that, read the poem and highlight the word that relates to the question to you and a line before that word and a line after it. With this strategy, you will be able to solve most of the question and score high in your exam.
Now, I think you all know about best Unseen Poem For Class 8 English. By practicing these unseen poems you can get good marks in your class 8 CBSC exam. If you have any questions regarding this then comment below
You May Also Read