I know that you all want to know about Unseen Poem For Class 4 In English. Because you must have got to work on English poetry in school and you must be searching many places how to find whom, then I have made this post for you.
In which I have made it with unseen poem for class 4 with questions and answers, so that you can read it and find out the answer and if you do not get the answer, then I have done the work of answering all in the last. So that you will understand things better and the poem will also be remembered.
Tips To Solve Unseen Poems For Class 4
- Read the entire poem 1 or 2 times carefully so that you understand the theme of the poem.
- After reading the question, underline the related words of the given poem so that you get the correct answer.
- Write your answer simple, easy and in your own words.
- Remember that you should use your own words in your answer. Do not copy the sentence from the given poem.
- Do not make grammatical mistakes while writing the answer. Be careful with the use of punctuation marks.
Almost every one of you will be a student of CBSE or ICSE board, or UP Board, whoever it is, it will be very easy and helpful for all of you to remember. So let’s know about unseen poems with questions and answers for class 4.
Unseen Poem For Class 4 – Sample 1
I have a rabbit habit.
I like to crunch and chew
On celery logs and carrot sticks,
And apple wedges, too.
I have a rabbit habit.
I like to chomp and munch
On crispy greens and juicy grapes.
Mmm…rabbit food for lunch!
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 4 (Poem 1)
- Question 1:) A rabbit habit is _____
- a) when you like to eat vegetables
- b) when you like to nibble like a rabbit
- c) when you like to eat nuts
- Question 2:) When I eat a carrot, I make these sounds. _______
- Question 4:) The child loves to eat
- Question 5:) Fill in the blanks with rhyming words. (Not from the poem)
- lunch _____
- Question 6:) Give one word for the following.
- a thick, long and round piece of wood hard and dry feeling when you eat chips _____
Unseen Poem For Class 4 In English – Sample 2
I live in a town, in a street,
Its crowded with traffic, and feet.
There are buses and motors, and trams,
I wish there were meadows and lambs.
The houses all wait in a row,
There is smoke everywhere that I go.
I don’t like the noises I hear,
I wish there were woods very near.
There is only one thing that I love,
And that is the sky far above.
There is plenty of room in the blue,
For castles of clouds and me too!
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 4 (Poem 2)
- Question 1) The town in which the child lives is_________ with traffic.
- a) crowded
- b) deserted
- c) overpopulated
- d) less populated
- Question 2) In the town the child wishes for_____________.
- a) classmates
- b) an airport
- c) meadows and lambs
- d) motors and buses
- Question 3) Why does the child love the sky?
- Question 4) What is the message given through the poem?
- Question 5) What does the child didn’t like?
- Question 6) Write the synonyms from the poem for the given words:
- a) palace
- b) a lot of
Unseen Poem For Class 4 CBSE – Sample 3
The Earth with its great green trees
Its infinite life and boundless beauty
The only earth there’ll ever be
These waters of deep springs of rivers and lakes
Drops of dew and clouds above
All the water there has ever been.
The air around that everyone breathes
Over and over,forever and ever
Love this earth
Love it as much as life itself
Earth from which all life has come
Earth to which all life returns
Love its waters and keep them clean
Water on which all life depends
Love clear air
Care enough to keep it clear
Clear enough to see the stars
And earth will remain beyond time.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 4 (Poem 3)
- Question 1) Choose and write the correct answer.
- i) The above poem is about _.
- a) loving planet earth
- b) loving your neighbour
- c) loving your work
- d) loving animals
- Question 2) According to the poem,the earth has ___________.
- a) peaks and hills
- b) beautiful sea shores
- c) intelligent people
- d) green trees,life and beauty
- Question 3) Name any two water sources mentioned in the poem.
- Question 4) According to the poem, what should be kept clean ?
- Question 5) Find the opposites of the words given below from the poem
- i) shallow
- ii) hate
- Question 6) Give a suitable title to the poem.
Unseen Poem For Class 4 ICSE Board – Sample 4
Some people are like caterpillars,
Some people are like butterflies.
People who are insecure.
People who think they are fat.
People who think they are ugly.
People who are scared of their flaws.
Are the caterpillars.
People who have accepted that no matter how hard you try,
You will never be perfect.
People who are positive.
People who are dreamers.
People who believe anything can happen as long as you try.
Are the butterflies.
The good thing about caterpillars is that they always
Turn into a beautiful butterfly.
You will soon turn into a person who
Is able to accept that they are who they are.
You will be a bit shaky at first.
But with more confidence
You will fly high.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 4 (Poem 4)
- Question 1) What are the people like?
- a) caterpillars
- b) cat
- c) lions
- c) tiger
- Question 2) People who are _ are the butterflies.
- a) positive
- b) fat
- c) ugly
- d) scared
- Question 3) What is the good thing about caterpillars?
- Question 4) How will you fly high?
- Question 5) What do the people who are butterflies, believe?
- Question 6) Write the synonyms from the passage for the given words:
- a) frightened
- b) unstable
Answers Of Given Above Questions
- Answers 1)- i) caterpillars
- Answers 2)- ii) positive
- Answers 4)- People who believe anything can happen as long as you try are butterflies.
- Answers 4)- The good thing about caterpillars is that they always turn into a beautiful butterfly.
- Answers 3)- You will fly high when you accept that you are who you are. You will be a bit shaky but will fly high with more confidence.
- Answers 6)- i) frightened —— scared ii) unstable——– shaky
Unseen Poem For Class 4 UP Board – Sample 5
He saw a dead crow in a drain
near the post office.
He saw an old man
gasping for air
and a baby barely able to breathe
in a crowded morning clinic.
This land is so rich.
Why should we suffer like this?
I want clean air
for my grandchildren.
I want the greedy fools
to leave the forest alone.
I want the trees to grow,
the rivers to run free,
and the earth covered with grass.
Let the politician plan how we may
live with dignity,
now and always.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 4 (Poem 5)
- Question 1) What did the poet see near the post office?
- a) donkey
- b) dead crow
- c) dead goat
- d) child
- Question 2) How is the land in the poem?
- a) poor
- b) rich
- c) infertile
- d) flooded
- Question 3) What will the politician plan?
- Question 4) Give a suitable title to the poem.
- Question 5) What happened to the old man and the child?
- Question 6) What does the poet want for his grandchildren?
Unseen Poem For Class 4 Questions And Answers PDF
So if you want to read unseen poem for class 4 in english pdf and read it later or you want unseen poem for class 4 worksheet for cbse board then you can download it by clicking on the link given below.
Now, I think you all know about best Unseen Poem For Class 4 English. By practicing these unseen poems you can get good marks in your class 4 CBSC or icse exam. If you have any questions regarding this then comment below
You May Also Read