I know that you all want to know about Unseen Poem For Class 5 In English With Questions And Answers. Because you must have got to work on English poetry in school and you must be searching many places how to find whom, then I have made this post for you.
Class 5 students are very hardworking and this is where their future begins, because when the foundation of studies is good, then you will never have any problem in further studies.
In which I have made it with unseen poem for class 5 with questions and answers, so that you can read it and find out the answer and if you do not get the answer, then I have done the work of answering all in the last. So that you will understand things better and the poem will also be remembered.
Tips To Solve The Unseen Poem For Class 5
Almost every one of you will be a student of CBSE or ICSE board, or UP Board, whoever it is, it will be very easy and helpful for all of you to remember. So let’s know about unseen poems with questions and answers for class 5.
- Read the entire poem 1 or 2 times carefully so that you understand the theme of the poem.
- Write your answer simple, easy and in your own words.
- Remember that you should use your own words in your answer.
- Do not make grammatical mistakes while writing the answer.
- After reading the question, underline the related words of the given poem so that you get the correct answer.
Unseen Poem For Class 5 – Sample 1
Bothering my toes.
And my nose,
Which is in deep freeze.
Snuggled under a warm quilt,
Just cannot stay up late,
Crackle of a fire at night,
With hot water bottle clutched to my side.
And I have to get up again
And go out in the cold tomorrow morning…….
How wonderful…. If I could….. also…..
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 5 (Poem 1)
- Question 1) The winter winds blow_________________
- a) softly
- b) noisily
- c) harshly
- d) gently
- Question 2) Write the opposites of the given words, from the passage:
- a) gently
- b) shallow
- Question 3) The snow under the narrator’s feet bothers his____________
- a) hands
- b) toes
- c) feet
- d) head
- Question 4) Which part of the narrator’s body is in deep freeze?
- Question 5) What is the poet snuggled under?
- Question 6) What does the poet wish?
Answers For above questions:
- Answers 1) c) harshly
- Answers 2) a) gently ————-harshly b) shallow————–deep
- Answers 3) b) toes
- Answers 4) nose
- Answers 5) The poet is snuggled under a warm quilt.
- Answers 6) The poet wishes to hibernate.
Unseen Poem For Class 5 CBSE – Sample 2
I lay in sorrow deep distressed:
My grief a proud man heard,
His looks were cold, he gave me gold.
But not a kindly word.
My sorrow passed I paid him back The gold he gave to me,
Then stood erect and spoke my thanks And blessed his charity.
I lay in want and grief, and pain A poor man passed my way He bound my head, he gave me bread;
He watched me night and day;
How shall I pay him back again For all he did to me?
Oh, gold is great, but greater far Is heavenly sympathy.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 5 (Poem 2)
- Question 1. One day the poet was in
- (a) trouble
- (b) need of money
- (c) need of a friend
- (d) depression.
- Question 2. The proud rich man offered the poet
- (a) sympathy
- (b) money
- (c) bread
- (d) tea
- Question 3. The poet was in a fix because
- (a) He did not know how to pay back the rich arrogant man
- (b) he does not know the poor man who served him so much
- (c) he wanted to give money to the poor man but he did not have money
- (d) He did not know how to pay him back for the service of the poor man.
- Question 4. The poet realised in the last that
- (a) the poor man was better than the rich man
- (b) sympathy was more valuable than gold
- (c) the rich man was better than the poor man
- (d) money was the most important thing in the world.
- Question 5. The word that means opposite to sorrow is
- (a) carelessness
- (b) ability
- (c) joy
- (d) beauty.
Answers Of Above Questions
- Answers 1) a
- Answers 2) b
- Answers 3) d
- Answers 4) b
- Answers 5) c
Unseen Poem For Class 5 In English – Sample 3
Fame is a food that dead men eat,
I have no stomach for such meat.
In little light and narrow room,
They eat in the silent tomb.
With no kind voice of comrade near To bid the feaster be of cheer.
But friendship is a noble thing,
Of friendship it is good to sing.
For truly when a man shall end,
He lives in memory of his friend,
Who doth his better part recall,
And of his fault make funeral.
—Henry Austin Dobson
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 5 (Poem 3)
- Question 1) By the expression ‘Fame is a food that dead men eat’ we mean
- (a) fame is enjoyed only after death
- (b) fame is enjoyed during life-time
- (c) fame is something like a food
- (d) fame dies with one’s death.
- Question 2) Friendship is a noble thing because
- (a) a man cannot live without friends
- (b) real friends are very helpful
- (c) a man always remembers the good qualities of his friend after his death
- (d) it enhances dignity of mankind.
- Question 3) Friendship is better than fame because in friendship
- (a) when a man dies he lives in the memory of his friend
- (b) a man always regards his friend
- (c) enmity never comes
- (d) a man is always happy in the company of his friend.
- Question 4) In the last line of the above poem the poet wants to convey that
- (a) one should believe in friendship
- (b) the faults of a man are highlighted by his friend after his death
- (c) the faults of a man are forgotten by his friend after his death
- (d) one should not run after fame and friendship.
- Question 5) The word recall means
- (a) forget
- (b) come close
- (c) help
- (d) remember
Answers For Above Question
- Answers 1) a
- Answers 2) c
- Answers 3) a
- Answers 4) c
- Answers 5) d
Unseen Poem For Class 5 ICSE – Sample 4
Our window is a magic frame .
with pictures never twice the same.
Sometimes it frames a sunset sky,
where clouds of gold and purple lie.
And sometimes on a windless night,
it holds a great moon round and white·.
Sometimes it frames a lawn and flowers,
where children play through summer hours.
Sometimes a tree of gold and red,
and grass where crisp brown leaves are shed.
Sometimes it: shows the wind-blown rain,
or snowflakes cold against the pane.
Our window frames lovely things,
That every changing season brings.
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 5 (Poem 4)
- Question 1) Why did the poet call the window a magic frame?
- Question 2) What does the window hold on the windless night?
- Question 3) Complete the following sentence from the poem:
- The window shows the sunset sky where the clouds of and _ lie.
- Question 4) Write the words from the passage which mean the same as:
- a) brittle
- b) sheet of glass
- Question 5) Give a suitable title to the poem
Answer For above questions:
- Answers 1) It never shows pictures which are same.
- Answers 2) The window holds a great moon round and white on the windless night.
- Answers 3) The window shows the sunset sky where the clouds of gold and purple lie.
- Answers 4) a) brittle – crisp b) sheet of glass- pane
- Answers 5) Variety of answers
Unseen Poem For Class 5 MCQ – Sample 5
Trees are the kindest things I know,
They do no harm, they simply grow
And spread a shade for sleepy cows,
And gather birds among the boughs.
They are the first when the day’s begun
To touch the beams of morning sun,
They are the last to hold the light
When evening changes into night.
And when the moon floats on the sky
They hum a drowsy* lullaby
Of sleepy children long ago…
Trees are the kindest things I know. -Harry Behn
Unseen Poem With Questions And Answers Class 5 (Poem 5)
- Question 1) Why does the poet call trees the kindest things he knows ?
- Question 2) What are the things that trees do ?
- Question 3) What do they do to sleepy children ?
- Question 4)Write the title of the poem:_____
- Question 5) Fill in the blanks.
- Trees are the first when the day’s begun to touch the beams of ____ and they are the last to hold the_______
- Question 6) Write TRUE or FALSE.
- a) The poet admires trees for their kindness. ____
- b) When the sun floats on the sky the trees hum a drowsy lullaby.____
Unseen Poem For Class 5 Questions And Answers PDF
So if you want to read unseen poem for class 5 in english pdf and read it later or you want unseen poem for class 5 worksheet for cbse board then you can download it by clicking on the link given below.
Now, I think you all know about best Unseen Poem For Class 5 English. By practicing these unseen poems you can get good marks in your class 5 CBSC or icse exam. If you have any questions regarding this then comment below
You May Also Read